Hi, usually I would use a form like this one

 echo $ajax->form('edit', 'post', array(
     'model'    => 'model',
     'url'      => array( 'action' => 'edit'),
     'update'   => 'element_to_update',
 ));

but what if, depending on the success of the edit operation, I want to
update another div?
For example I would like to update the element 'form_div' when there
is a validation error when saving the record and the element
'listing_div' when the record was saved successfully and I want to
relfect the changes in the part of my pages that shows info about the
data set that has just been updated.

What do I put in my controllers and in the views?

what do I have to fill in here and what has to go in the views?

if ($this->Model->save($this->data)) {
        //some code that will render a view which will update
'listing_div'
} else {
        //some code that will render a view which will update 'form_div'
}

I tried to google for this but didn't really find anything.