The action you specify initially is parsed at the Dispatcher level,
before anything is asked of the controller. As a result, by prepending
your new action name in the before filter, all you're really changing
is the value of $this->params['action'], and not the actual action
that is being called by the Dispatcher.

See http://api.cakephp.org/1.2/dispatcher_8php-source.html#l00183