I am trying to make my first custom component and am quickly running
into problems. I am making a PhotosComponent that will get all the
photos for a particular page. I have the following:

<?php

class PhotosComponent extends Object {

    var $controller = true;

    function getParkPhotos($which) {
    $photos = $this->Photos->findAll("WHERE id = $which");

        return $photos;

?>

then in my Controller I have:

Class SkateparksController extends AppController {

    var $name = 'Skateparks';
        var $components = array("Rating","Photos","YahooWeather","PhpThumb");
        var $helpers = array("Map");
        var $useTable = 'skateparks';
        var $layout = "skatepark";

    function index() {

                $parkInfo = $this->Skatepark->findByurl($this->params['url']);
                $this->set("parkInfo",$parkInfo);

        $this->Photos->getParkPhotos($parkInfo["Skatepark"]["id"]);

}

// More code....

But when I do this, I get Fatal error: Call to a member function on a
non-object. I know that I'm probably going about this in the
completely wrong way so if someone could help me out, it would be most
appreciated.