On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 11:52 AM, R. Rajesh Jeba Anbiah
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>        File inclusions are always a overhead unless you use caching;
>  but many times it's ok for the module organization. Cake's way of
>  handling file inclusions are real overhead (checking file_exists and
>  then calling require_once); but can be solved with caching.

*sigh*

Has my reputation gotten to the point where people disregard what I
say in favour of trying to make me look dumb?  It appears so.  I am
resigned to my fate.

Isn't 1.2 doing that lookup anyway, regardless of where you're
locating your files?  You cannot avoid it, so pointing out your opinon
on how Cake handles file inclusions does not answer the question.

To expand on my statement "compared to what" I say repeat:  compared to what?

* the overhead of loading Javascript and style sheets in the browser?
* the overhead of reading and writing data from data sources?
* the use of XHR by your application, trying up server resources

I know people won't believe me, but the alleged overhead of Cake's
file inclusion methods will be the least of your worries when building
a web app with it.

Yes, caching is a good solution for a lot of these problems but avoids
the real answer to the question.  Which is "it doesn't matter because
there are other problems outside of Cake".

--
Chris Hartjes
Internet Loudmouth