Interesting stuff -

I think you seem to be implying the need for certain design patterns,
and Stephen is on the money with the Factory (http://en.wikipedia.org/
wiki/Factory_method_pattern) , or perhaps the Strategy pattern (http://
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategy_pattern) - but again, this might be
complete overkill for your requirements!

I can only suggest you look into similar patterns to best decide on
your approach.