New to Cake and hoping someone can answer this.

I am running into all bunch of sql syntac error 1064 for the simplest
of queries.  I'm running MySql 5.0.51a, php 5.2.5, both installed via
XAMPP, Mac 10.5.  A lot of the queries are generated by cake
internally so it doesn't make sense to rewrite anything there.

What MySql versions are best with my cake version of 1.1.9.6305?

For example, this simple sql does not work:

SELECT `Post`.`id`, `Post`.`title`, `Post`.`body`, `Post`.`created`,
`Post`.`modified` FROM `posts` AS `Post`   where all LIMIT 1

The DB table posts is indeed there and the fields all exist and there
are values.  Cake is producing this code, not me, and it seems to look
legit.

Am I missing something here?