Default pagination settings are stored in a class variable called
$paginate - just change this before your action; something like this:

class MyController extends Controller {

  var $paginateEx = array(
    'default' => array(
      // Put defaults here [unless you have an action called 'default'
of course]
    ),
    'myBlogs' => array(
      'limit' => 5,
      'conditions' => 'blah blah woof woof'
    )
  );

  function beforeFilter() {
    if (isset($this->paginateEx[$this->action])) {
      $this->paginate = $this->paginateEx[$this->action];
    }
    else {
      $this->paginate = $this->paginateEx['default'];

hth
grigri