Hi Chris,

Thanks for responding. The if(! $created) condition is definitely
being met, I tested it when trying to debug. Still stumped.

Also, sorry I forgot to mention in my original message which version
of cakephp I'm running. I tested this Model with cake_1.2.0.6311-beta
and the most recent nightly build (cake_1.2.x.x_16.04.2008).

FYI, from the API:

Model::afterSave( $created )
After save callback
Parameters:
boolean $created True if this save created a new record public
Definition at line 2494 of file model.php.
Referenced by save().

Best,
Joshua