I have been trying to use the Acl->deny() function (with database stored
ACL) to remove a user's access to certain actions in my application.
However deny() appears to "allow" rather than "deny" access.

After about an hour of fiddling and reviewing log output I manually
changed all permissions fields in the user's ArosAco records from 1 to 0

When I tried to access the denied pages I was blocked (as expected).

Then I ran my Acl->deny() code again and checked the database.  The
permissions fields in the user's records had been switched back to 1.

exact code being executed:

   $this->Acl->deny('[EMAIL PROTECTED]', 'subscription_1');
   $this->Acl->deny('[EMAIL PROTECTED]', 'subscription_2');

This is based on the example code from the manual:

   $this->Acl->deny('Abraham Lincoln', 'United States Army');

Is this known behavior, or is it a bug?  Or am I missing something ...

I have had a look through the ACL code, but can't see why the deny
wouldn't work.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Langdon