On Apr 17, 5:41 pm, grigri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It might seem like overkill, but one way of handling this might be:
>
> //-------------------------
>
> /app/vendors/something.php
>
> class Something extends Object {
>   function doSomethingCool($input) {
>     return $output;
>   }
>
> }
>
> /app/controllers/components/something.php
>
> App::import('Vendor', 'Something');
>
> class SomethingComponent extends Something {
>   // component-specific logic [if any] here
>
> }
>
> /app/views/helpers/something.php
>
> App::import('Vendor', 'Something');
>
> class SomethingHelper extends Something {
>   // helper-specific logic [if any] here
>
> }
>
> //-------------------------
>
> This is how the cakephp session system works (helper and component
> both extend a shared CakeSession class). It allows the session helper
> to be read-only, whereas the session component is read-write, but
> share the same underlying logic.

    Would it be the reason for the session locking issue I'm facing
still (session_write_close() doesn't help)?

> Of course, like I said above, this might well be overkill if you don't
> really need specific component/helper logic - just put it in a vendor
> class and go.

    Do you really use "vendor" folder for your classes? (I personally
prefer to call it "libs")

--
  <?php echo 'Just another PHP saint'; ?>
Email: rrjanbiah-at-Y!com    Blog: http://rajeshanbiah.blogspot.com/