Hi.

Just a quick routing question. Again, I'm probably missing something
simple but couldn't work it out from the documentation or previous
posts...

I've got this route set up:

Router::connect('/', array(
  'controller' => 'webpages',
  'action' => 'view',
  'home'
));

This is great as long as there are no named arguments being passed to
the homepage. If the user tries to set a language by clicking on a
link that goes to, say, /lang:francais then CakePHP thinks there
should be a controller called Langfranais.

I've changed the links to go to /index/lang:francais and added this
route:

// For selecting a language from the homepage, which has no controller
specified
Router::connect('/index.*', array(
  'controller' => 'webpages',
  'action' => 'view',
  'home'
));

This can work out which controller and action to use, but still isn't
passing any named parameters, such as lang.

As a temporary fix I can change all the links to go directly to URLs
like /webpages/view/home/lang:francais , but for that professional
look, can anyone please explain to me how to get the homepage working
with URLs like /lang:francais or at least /index/lang:francais ?

Thank you,
Zoe.