The zip on sourceforge containing sampler is <60KB. The core of
CakePHP is >1MB. The zip most likely contains only the projects
application folder. You need to download and install CakePHP along
with the files for sampler. You are looking for version 1.1 of Cake
from what I can tell of the errors you are given.

Get CakePHP from http://cakephp.org/
Check the requirements and installation-instructions at
http://manual.cakephp.org/
Also check any instructions you got with sampler.

good luck
/Martin