Sounds like you're not setting the recursive level high enough.

I'm guessing you're doing something like:

$skateparks = $this->Skatepark->find('all');

Simple solution is to do:

$this->Skatepark->recursive = 3;
$skateparks = $this->Skatepark->find('all');

Better solution (but more involved) is using something like Bindable
Behavior.

http://bakery.cakephp.org/articles/view/bindable-behavior-control-your-model-bindings