Cake can handle a many to many relationship just fine. Do a search for
HABTM (has and belongs to many) relationship to learn more about how
to do this. Cake has sort of a steep learning curve, especially if you
aren't familiar with MVC and OO programming. So, In my opinion Cake
will make this task MUCH easier for someone well versed in Cake or at
least well versed in MVC/OO. If you are just learning it will probably
make the task moderately easier but any future web programming you do
with it will be much easier and faster with Cake than developing
without a framework.

Dave