> But it doesn't make much sense to me that cake will save records even
> though validation rules say that the field shouldn't be empty.

Again, you're not saving the invalid data, you're only saving the
valid data.  Validation is about making sure data that's going to be
saved is correct according to your rules.  If you want to check
another field that won't be saved first, then you need to change your
validation rules to take that into account.