Hi,
I'm using cakephp 1.2.
I've 3 tables on mysql database: Customers (id, name, surname,
code_id), Codes(id, customer_id), Jobs(id, type, date, code_id).
When i insert a new Customer in the view and i press the button "Add"
all the fields of Customers are filled with the data inserted and a
code (code_id made by the id_surname_name) is generated for index the
customers of my applications. I use this code for link the Job to a
Customer.
Customers and Codes are linked by hasone association between them. Of
course on tables Customers and Jobs, code_id is a foreing key linked
to Code.id set as primary key.

My application is almost done, i can add, delete, edit records of my
DB.  I set the delete cascade when i call the function delete in
Customer Controller, so also the Code and the Jobs associated with the
Customer are deleted.
The problem is: how can i implement the "ON UPDATE CASCADE"?

For example: If the user make a  mistake when insert the data of a new
customer (in this case he generates a wrong code) he can use the
method EDIT for correct the info,  the previous and wrong code must be
overwritten with the new code_id, and when this code changes i want
that ALL the Jobs records linked with that code changes the code_id
automatically. How can i do that? Is there a way to do that with Cake?
I didn't find an attribute, like 'dependent=true' for set the UPDATE
CASCADE.

I'm starting to think that Cake miss this function and i have to do
that inside Mysql using CONSTRAINT and InnoDB engine...am i wrong?

I hope someone can give me an help.

Cheers
John