Hi!

I am just creating an installer for a cake application.
It uses a tableless model and after the user input his DB connection
details I test the connection to the new database using this code.

              $db = &ConnectionManager::create('test',array('driver'
=> $postdata['installation']['dbType'],

'persistent' => false,
                                                            'host' =>
$postdata['installation']['dbHost'],
                                                            'port' =>
$postdata['installation']['dbPort'],
                                                            'login' =>
$postdata['installation']['dbUsername'],
                                                            'password'
=> $postdata['installation']['dbPassword'],
                                                            'database'
=> $postdata['installation']['dbDBName'],
                                                            'schema'
=> '',
                                                            'prefix'
=>  $postdata['installation']['dbPrefix'],
                                                            'encoding'
              if ($db->connected) {....

It works fine except that i have no information why the connect
attempt fails. I just know it failed by checking if the DB is
connected or not. What i would like to show to the user is the warning
message the DBis giving back (and which is outputted when debug mode
is activated.

The $db->error property is empty btw, so that is not the solution.

Thank you for any help!

Carsten