Hi there,
I am building a few small APIs for an application and have run into a
problem I can't seem to figure out.

One of these APIs will on occasion need to request an action in the
another API. Both APIs are protected by basic auth with Security
component. Making them both use the same "realm" and users lets the
requestAction get through but would like to avoid this since that
would give any API-user access to everything in all APIs

Is there a way for requestAction to pass user:pass data along with the
request?

Disclaimer:
Yes yes, I know basic authentication is far from secure in todays
world. I know I gain little by typing user:pass into my code. But
every bit helps :)

/Martin