Hi,

I have a rather peculiar problem:
I have a CakePHP app that external apps need to query some data from.
Any app can basically send a request to a special controller action
with a few encoded parameters in the URL, and the action will return a
blank page with only the words true or false on it. Testing it in the
browser works each time, I always get so see the expected result:

http://mysite.com/mycontroller/myremoteaction/KHBAKFNV3A/KJB909/OU9 ->
true

I need to query this URL from other PHP apps, and am using
file_get_contents() to do so. On my local test system this method
works, on my server it doesn't. I only get blank responses (HTTP
headers come back, even with a Cake cookie, but no page content). Both
have identical PHP versions and all. Curl-ing the address on the
command line also only gives me a blank page.

I have no idea what's going on, any ideas anybody?
Do I need to send something using context streams or so that browsers
do but PHP/curl don't for Cake to respond to me?

Chrs,
Dav