In CakePHP 1.2, is there a way to validate only some specific fields
within a model?

I have a "Member" model is set up to validate several fields under
normal conditions, such as "username", "password", "email", etc.  I'm
trying to make a "change password" form for users of my application.
Since I'll only be saving the "password" field of the model, I only
want to validate the "password" & "password2" (validate password)
fields that are entered by the user.  Unfortunately, the model class's
validate() function does not take any parameters, meaning that the
entire model is validated despite only updating a single field value
via saveField().

Does anyone have any insight on how to go about validating specific
fields in a model for special circumstances like this?  Thanks!