Ajax or not does not change anything (unless you want to do something
special in the form).
Usually you would put your form in a "div" (in the ajax call you
should set this div' id's as parameter for update), when submitting
and trying to save, if it fails just render the same form. This one
(with the error set) is goinf to replace the content of the first
div ...

hth