Hi.

On May 24, 2008, at 1:32 AM, adroit wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I am new to CakePHP framework and I am having a tough time with the
> correct installtion.
> So far I get to see the default page after installation
> -----
> CakePHP release information is on CakeForge
> Read the release notes and get the latest version
> Editing this Page
>
> ----- and so on ---------------
> but after making changes to database.php
> I should get
> ----
> CakePHP release information is on CakeForge
>
> Your database configuration file is present.
> Cake is able to connect to the database.
>
> --- and so on ------------------

Go to the command line, and see if you can login to mysql:
If your mysql/bin directory is located in C:\MySQL\bin, go to that
directory, and do:
mysql -uroot -p newpassword
Once you're in the mysql prompt, do:
mysql> show databases;

See if your database (test) is present.

> I have unzipped CakePHP in the root directory
> D:/web/test. I would like to tell that I have Apache 2, PHP 5 and
> MySQL 5 and phpmyAdmin all configured before and is working fine.
>
> I made the following changes to httpd.conf
>
> 1; LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so - uncommented
> 2; <Directory />
> Options FollowSymLinks
> AllowOverride All ( Changed to All from NONE )
> </Directory>

Hm, when you set the root directory to D:/web/test, that means you
have a similar entry of DocumentRoot in your httpd.conf, and you can
access is it through http://localhost/ ?

If your DocumentRoot is set to D:/web/, you have to add:
RewriteBase /test/ in:
- test/.htaccess file
- test/webroot/.htaccess file