I was looking at this calendar helper a while back, but wasn't really
convinced.
I ended up using the YUI calendar and a handful of hand coded
JavaScript...

http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/calendar/

<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">
        var loader = new YAHOO.util.YUILoader({
                require                 : ["calendar"],
                loadOptional    : true,
                onSuccess               : function() {
                        var sCalendar = new
YAHOO.widget.Calendar("startDateCal", {
                                        mindate : "<?php echo date('m/j/Y');
?>",
                                        maxdate : "<?php echo date('m/j/Y',
strtotime('+3 years')); ?>",
                                        selected        : "<?php $t =
explode('/', $this->data['Event']
['start_date']); echo "$t[1]/$t[0]/$t[2]"; ?>",
                                        START_WEEKDAY   : 1
                        });

                        sCalendar.selectEvent.subscribe(function (type, args,
obj) {
                                $('EventStartDate').value =
args[0][0][2]+"/"+args[0][0]
[1]+"/"+args[0][0][0];
                        }, sCalendar, true);

                        sCalendar.render();
                }
        });

        loader.insert();
</script>

Really depends on what you want to get out of though.

Chrs,
Dav