Time for a semantic question.

I have a controller for images, which handles the process of uploading
an image to my website.

Information about the image -- caption, filename, etc. -- is stored in
the database with a model named Image.

I have some functions which generate various sized versions of the
uploaded image.  One creates a square thumbnail version, another
created a user specified sized version.

Right now those imagesizing functions are in the ImagesController ...
but I'm wondering if this is the best location for them.

Should these functions be in an component, instead?  Or should they be
in the Image model?  It seems strange to put them in the model, since
they don't directly have anything to do with the image data, but maybe
they actually belong there?