You can use the 4th parameter of session component to set a key on
your message:

$this->Session->setFlash("message", 'default', array(), 'warning');
$this->Session->setFlash("message", 'default', array(), 'error');

and then in view, you can get the message with a "key"  (default:
"flash", and Auth component uses 'auth'):

$session->flash('warning');
$session->flash('error');

hth