As long as you understand the pros and cons of each, it's really up to
you. I personally chose to work with 1.2 and have been using the
nightly builds. IMO, the new features outweigh any "lack of
documentation" (real or perceived). I believe a 1.2 RC release is
expected soon, if that influences your decision any. Bottom line,
either version is great and it just comes down to your preference.