No one else was able to help on this, but I managed to figure out how
to do this.  Here's my solution in case anyone else has the same
question.

First, within whichever controller I wanted to access my plugin, I
simply added "PluginName.ModelName" to my $uses array.
Then, within my code, I could call $this->ModelName->method();

Pretty simple. :)