Hi folks

I was trying to get Simplepie component working (http://
bakery.cakephp.org/articles/view/simplepie-cakephp-component), and it
worked fine.  Here's what I did:

- First I added the component 'Simplepie' to the controller:

class UsersController extends AppController {

    var $name   = 'Users';

    var $components =
array('RequestHandler','Upload','ImageUpload','Search','News','Simplepie');

// ....
}

Then I successfully displayed RSS feeds in my view.  Everything
worked, the Simplepie caching and all.  Which means that the (tiny)
Simplepie component can't be the problem.

BUT my session!  It was gone!  I did a pr($_SESSION) and got an empty
array.

Once I removed Simplepie from the $components array, the session came
right back, login credentials and everything.

This has happened with a few other components in the past too.  Anyone
have an explanation?

Adam