To get the execution to break in a controller, you need to either:

1) set a break point in the particular controller action you're trying
to debug,

or 2) make sure to step into $Dispatcher->dispatch($url) (line 82 for
my version of Cake), then into return $this->_invoke (my line 246 in
dispatcher.php), then call_user_func_array (my line 264 in
dispatcher.php) should take you into your code.

Mind you, I'm using XDebug in vim to do this, but I would be shocked
if Eclipse's version didn't support this.