The MIT license allows this to be done, he can encode his code all he wants,
the core CakePHP must be distributed under the terms of the MIT license. He
can not remove the copyright in the core code, or claim the core code as his
own. And the MIT license must be distributed with the core code.

http://www.opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIT_License

--
/**