I did some tinkering around in the auth component. Notice (8):
Undefined index:  action [CORE/cake/libs/controller/components/
auth.php, line 439] was pointing at line 439 ( if (!isset($this-
>actionMap[$this->params['action']])) { ) because the $this->params
variable is empty.

So I added $this->params = $controller->params; to the startup method
and it fixed it, somewhat. Started getting these errors:
Auth::startup() - Attempted access of un-mapped action "admin_index"
in controller "admin" so I just mapped them out. I thought that was
supposed to be automatic for the admin stuff?

I also noticed the same type of Undefined errors in the Email
component where $this->Controller isn't staying set after the
initialization method (only in 1.2 RC1), so there must be something
going on deeper somewhere... all beyond me.

-Corie