There is no auto-commit in MyISAM tables, because MyISAM doesn't
support transactions at all! All transaction statements are ignored by
this storage engine. That is why rollback does nothing. InnoDB has
more advantages to MyISAM than transaction support. It also does row
locking (MyISAM has only table locking) on read/write operations so it
is faster when there is a lot of concurent read and write operations.
The problem is that it needs more RAM and a lot of hosting providers
turn off InnoDB storage engine in their MySQL servers (on shared
hosting plans) to minimize memory usage.

Anyway, checking with 'validate' => 'only' before the main saveAll is
the best idea :), because it is DB independent.