For giggles, I also tried the following in my app_controller.php, and
it didn't make a difference:

function __construct() {
        Router::setRequestInfo(array(
                Router::parse($this->here),
                array('argSeparator' => ';'),
        ));
        parent::__construct();
}

Please help, my project is going to be delayed if I can't get past
this. :(