Hi,

I am in the process of building and specific business administration
system, where clients subscribe on the application. Initially I
planned on giving each client their own database, and then by
controlling on login, connecting each client to their individual
database. This has worked fine in development, but now I am a bit
confused about the logic in this. My reasoning for doing so was data
security, because that way I would make sure that each client only had
access to their specific database, but I wonder if this is a very
ineffective way of doing things, and I am considering going back to
the method of using one database with a client id seperating it.
My current method would mean that a single server should control
hundreds of databases. What is you oppinion on the best approach?

If I decide to go with the client id approach, is it then possible to
make a global criteria to all queries in cake or should this be done
trough filtered views or similar?

Thanks in advance for your attention and time on this.

Regards,

Michael