Hi all,

I am a little bit confused how the 'test' database connection is used
in 1.2 (RC1) and how to work with it properly.

The sample database.php has a $test connection config example in it,
this is also mentioned in various articles and posts on this group.
However, in the manual (http://book.cakephp.org) it says to use
$test_suite and also looking through the code, there are various
references to "test_suite" connection.

What's the relation between the two? Which of them should be in my
database.php?

Also, I am wondering if the test connection is being automatically
used in tests that use fixtures and those without? My experiments
indicate that this is not the case but I may be doing something wrong.
Should cake always magically use the test connection when testing
controllers and models in a test case or do I need to do something
explicitly to make this work?

Thanks.

Cheers,
- barduck