I have an interesting problem. I am developing an application with
cakePHP, however the user login info is legacy data (my 'user' model
should be using the table `profiles` instead of `users`).

This normally wouldn't be a problem, because I could just set the
$useTable variable in the user model. However, in my core.php config
file, I have it set so that the application uses the prefix 'st_' for
all database tables. This is causing the problem because the
application wants to append 'st_' to the beginning of my user table
`profiles`. Is there a way I can override the table prefix for this
model alone and leave the rest of the application using table
prefixes?

Also, my old user data doesn't have encrypted passwords. Is there a
way to tell cakePHP to not use hashing for passwords or will I have to
write my own auth software?