On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 9:15 AM, theandystratton
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks guys, these are both great and give me some good insight. @Sam
> I really like the linking idea, thanks again.
>
> One other question then, does the app directory never need to be
> touched? The only thing that confused me was if the configuration
> objects/methods have changed, you could be breaking something by
> updating your cake directory.

Sometimes things do change, like the names of options in
APP/config/core.php, and I have not found a good way to keep track of
those changes.  Probably because I'm lazy.

Fortunately, Cake does tend to send out quite verbose
framework-related error messages and I have on occasion done a simple
diff between a stock APP/config/core.php and my current core.php file
to see if anything major has changed.

Hope that helps.

--
Chris Hartjes