I would like to allow a model's primary key field (named id) to be
editable, at least upon creation of a new object. I noticed that using
syntax like:
 <?php echo $form->input('Player/id') ?>
doesn't work because CakePHP converts it to a hidden field
automatically.  Is there some way I can override this?

I worked around the problem when creating new objects by using raw
html.  However, I'm not sure how to access the value of the model
object's ID field in my edit form.  In fact, how do I access any of
the object's data?  In most views I use $data['Modelname'] etc., but
that doesn't work in the add/edit views.

Thanks,
Bryan