I did some non-sientific performance tests on my G4 laptop and this
release performes almost 2 times as fast!

I did the tests on a standard scaffolded list-view, the first number
is the php execution time, and the second number is the time per
request with an ab test.

RC1: 0.5947s | ab: Time per request:       442.94 [ms]
RC2: 0.3301s | ab: Time per request:       361.77 [ms]
RC2: 0.1145s (with eAccelerator) | ab: Time per request:       128.27
[ms]

I was worried because cakephp performed quite bad in some benchmarks:

http://www.avnetlabs.com/php/php-framework-comparison-benchmarks
http://www.sellersrank.com/php/cakephp-codeigniter-benchmark/

Great work!