On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 3:59 PM, skelooth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Unfortunately Chris, your attempt at an argument is the same response
> I received from he IRC channel. I don't understand why so many people
> in this industry feel the need to take any and all opposing views and
> turn them into childish flame wars. I made nothing more than a request
> and offered my opinion. I apologize if this request and opinion has
> offended you or any of the other fine people here. I wanted no
> quarrel, I wanted nothing more than to express a concern over an issue
> I feel is important.

Don't apologize just because you think you're hurting someone's
feelings.  This isn't about an argument, it's pointing out the
obvious:  what you think is an integral part might be someone else's
edge case.  Surely you understand that.

> An edge case should by no means include 'printing a webpage'.
> Comptrollers and account executives typically don't store screenshots
> in filing cabinets and that is why I (in my own personal opinion) feel
> the ability to print is integral to any information based web
> application.

Still an edge case, as the vast majority (I'd even say 99%) of web
applications do not have a requirement for "looks pretty when printed"
output.

I understand your frustration, but please look at the problem objectively.

--
Chris Hartjes
Internet Loudmouth