Hi everyone,

I have a problem using my existing MSSQL DB. I get the following
error:
"SQL Error: Unicode data in a Unicode-only collation or ntext data
cannot be sent to clients using DB-Library (such as ISQL) or ODBC
version 3.7 or earlier. [CORE\cake\libs\model\datasources
\dbo_source.php, line 512]"

I encountered this error before while writing my own PHP code. It can
be 'solved' casting ntext field to text. The closest solution for
CakePHP I found is this: https://trac.cakephp.org/ticket/4287

But since that applies to 1.2.0.6311 I couldn't make it work at the
moment.

Does anyone have any idea resolving this issue?
Thanks in advance :)

PS: Why do I insist on using MSSQL? Well, that is another story... I
am not very happy about that but I have to.