You need to sit down and design a basic application in cakephp and
read all the resources. I don't mean to be rude but I spent a good 3
months learning the conventions and inner workings for cakephp and it
proved to be useful.

You seem as though you don't have the basic understanding of this
framework and yet start to create a  social networking site, which I
would imagine to be a very complex application.