Hi,

I'm new to cakephp and I was reading the tutorial about
Configure::write and Configure::read. As far as I understand when you
use Configure::write it's storing a data in the config file and the
data is permanently stored. But when I try to get the data from
another controller or even another action of the same controller I'm
not able to read the value. It seems that I'm able to get the value
only from the same action that writes to Configure. Does this mean
that Configure::write does not store the information permanently? For
instance I have an action:

        Configure::write('example', 'myname');
}
and then:

view() {
        Configure::read('example');
}
Basically I'm not able to get the value of Example(which is 'myname')
from any other action than index. If I try to read the value from
view() it does not return anything.

I will be thankfrul if someone explains to me how this works! Thank
you in advance for any suggestions!