> Let me clarify since I think you missed what I was trying to say.
> This is different than what you are suggesting.

Sorry for hijacking the thread—I did indeed misunderstand Meloy's
question. And yes, you are right in saying that the Email component is
not designed to embed images in emails.

> Anyways, after trying to track down more info on this for the original
> poster, look into Swift. Here's an example of doing an embedded
> image:http://swiftmailer.org/wikidocs/v3/tutorials/embedding_images

There is a 1.1.x.x Bakery article on "SwiftMailer Component
Tutorial" (http://bakery.cakephp.org/articles/view/swiftmailer-
component-tutorial), but I'm not sure if that would or work well with
a 1.2.x.x app. At the bottom of the tutorial, there is a section
called "Bonus" where the author explains how to embed an image using
Swift.