A few years ago I had to work with Cake and Filemaker - but thankfully
I convinced them that the website could use it's own database, and
their internal Filemaker database would just synchronise from this
live site with a Filemaker script (one way synch only).  There was
just a cake action that output appropriate data as an XML file
suitable for Filemaker, and the Filemaker script updated from this
(with a recorded macro, as I recall).

But the final solution is quite limited (one way, not automatic), and
it was a pain to work with - I really didn't like FileMaker after
that.

Admittedly, this was back when Filemaker was not relational either (FM
6 or 7 as I recall), so maybe things have improved.  But if it still
doesn't support SQL, maybe not.