Hello all,

For one of my controllers I declare var $uses with 6 total values.
What I see is that on every action within the controller, all 6 are
'described' which uses more resources than needed.

I guess my question is, is there a way to declare uses() on the fly so
that I only access those tables for the actions that need them?  I do
not think that an association would apply here.  For instance, I have
a model to generate a list of states for a select box;  I only need
this in two of the 13 actions, but every single action opens the
states db.  The states do not belong to anything (at least I don't
think they do).

I will try any suggestions, I'm am trying to tune my site for best
performance.

Thanks for your time.