Can anyone suggest a calendar module I can use for a PHP application?
The key feature I am looking for is for this module to have some sort
of API so I can feed it calendar events, particularly recurring
events.

Most of the calendar modules I've found do not have the interface I
want for the recurring events entry. I'm looking for something more
like Outlook 2007. So, I plan to create a similar interface and then
want to save the captured event details in the calendar module.

Other nice-to-haves:

1. iCalendar compliance
2. Various display options (e.g. daily, weekly, monthly, etc.)
3. Semantic mark up, valid mark up, valid style sheets, etc.

Any suggestions?