We have internet here in Spain. Sounds like you'll be using a laptop.
Wifi is widespread (not near my house, sadly) and I know that in
Barcelona, there is free access via wifi in the markets. I suspect
that it is much more widespread, for instance my local (village)
library has public wifi. I don't have a laptop and enjoy the freedom
from work!

Find the manual-in-a-page @ http://book.cakephp.org/complete/3/the-manual.
Just save the page to a local device - I have it on a stick.

There is a pre-beta API available for download @
http://cakeforge.org/frs/?group_id=53&release_id=140

or you might try this (I haven't looked at it)
http://www.internetguru.com.au/uploads/CakePHP.zip

Enjoy your stay. The summer has been quite mild so far.

Leo