I started with the blog tutorial then expanded by googling "cakeph
auth" or "cakephp ajax". there is enough blogs and tuts to get you
started. You can get a grasp of the small stuff by just sitting down
and working with it. Every time you hit a snag, check out this group
or the irc channel (#cakephp on irc.freenode.net) or just google
it . . .i'm making leaps and bounds by just using the google!