Lance is correct, this is a CSS issue and not specific to CakePHP.

If you look at the HTML being spit out by a $form->input is:

If you're doing type=radio, then it's just multiple label/input inside
those DIVs.

To make everything "horizontal", just make sure all the elements are
display:inline. Now, the only problem is if you have too many options
to fit on a line. Then you might get a line break where you don't want
it. Unfortunately, I don't know of a solution for this other than to
create your own form helper that overloads the original form helper.
I've had to do this on a recent project and has worked well.